Friday, August 28, 2009

PROcrastination

You know, I've done a lot of stuff so far in my relatively short life. And I'd like to think I am kind of a Jack-of-all-trades kinda guy. Good at a lot of stuff, not great at anything. Kind of like a modern day Renaissance man. I am not trying to brag, but I can do art and math, write stuff for publication and work on a car, do physical labor and lead a group of 150 people at work, basically do left and right brain activities. But, as I said, I am not GREAT at anything except one.

Procrastination. I put the PRO into procrastination, I am awesome at it. I don't know why. For example, I could go get ready for our big bike ride that we're going on this morning (in less than an hour) but I'd rather sit here and type this blog up. And it isn't like I have just forgotten about what I have to go do, but something else seems so appealing. It isn't attention deficit because when I get started on the wrong thing, I'll stick with it until the ticking of the clock, sounding like an incoming strafing run from a WWII .50 cal machine gun on a P-51 Mustang, is so overwhelming that I snap out of the "trance" of whatever I've switched to and then rush around getting the thing I was supposed to do done.

So, I suppose I should go get ready for my ride. Sure, I should, but there is an extra 5 minutes that I can check a couple of more websites and, heck, I can't hear the clock ticking. Not yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment