Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feelin' like a slacker...

I am up early this morning. I've been getting up early all summer long for either a ride or a workout with weights. Not this morning. I am up early because school starts for us today. My son starts 2nd grade and my wife starts her second year of teaching. So, I am up early to make sure everything goes smoothly and I am not doing anything that I normally do and I am feeling like a bit of a slacker.

Does this sound like a "serious" cyclist? Well, I suppose, but I got into the routine earlier this summer and made it a habit and I feel a hell of a lot better about the day if I can do something physical before I head off to work. I'll ride tonight for one last time before the soul-crushing, leg-burning Dakota Five-O this weekend then take the rest of the week off from any hard riding. Maybe some light spinning, but nothing hard.

Actually, the start of school and the Five-O culminate at the perfect apex of summer, as I doubt I'd be able to ride for much longer before work. Daylight isn't cooperating with my schedule anymore. I called Mother Nature up to complain, but all I got was her machine, and we all know what happens when we leave a complaint on someone's machine.

I suppose I'd better get my son up and quit typing. See the previous post titled PROcrastination...

No comments:

Post a Comment