Monday, February 15, 2010

Random Thoughts

I've been in a blogging funk lately. A lot of my best (blog) ideas come when I ride my bike. Actually ride my bike, not ride the rollers of death. And I said my best ideas, which are not necessarily good ideas...they are at best a Venn diagram, possibly overlapping at some point.

I can't really complain about the rollers of death anymore, they are kind of rollers of inconvenience now, since I don't really ride off of them and I don't feel like puking too much anymore. Riding the rollers of inconvenience isn't as boring as riding a trainer (there still is a bit of excitement when I get close to the edge, almost riding off), but I have to get up early every day to ride them. I rode them the other night with my friend JT, (no, not at the same time, it wasn't some sort of bicycle spooning session), but I'd rather do it in the morning, thus the inconvenience. When I get home at the end of the day, I want to just hang out with my son and wife and not worry about riding. But, since the rollers aren't as exciting as they were in the beginning, meaning there are very few chances of flying off the rollers having a catastrophic crash into the back of the couch, I don't feel like talking about them so much. I don't know why "reporting" on myself looking not unlike a Russian Circus Bear on a tiny bike riding on ice was funny to me, but it was.

I could complain about being able to ride outside and the shitty weather we've had lately, but on Friday there was snow in 49 of the 50 states (lucky bastards in Hawaii...have fun there Princess, you better get on a bike once while you're there), so just about everyone in the country is in the same boat as me. Plus, I can't do a damn thing about the weather. I can do something about my conditioning, my riding gear, my bike, etc., but the weather is not up to me. If it were, it would rain between the hours of midnight and 4 am every day and be 74 degrees for the high and about 55 for the low every day. Sure, it'd be boring to some, but I'd ride every single day.

Of course, if I could ride everyday, I probably bitch about that too, so maybe this weather isn't so bad after all. It makes us appreciate our days we do get to ride now. I just wish it wasn't so long between times of riding outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment